Because the Simplest Error Could Cost You Your Business
Those who rely on you to protect their business interests also trust you to protect their personal information. When sensitive data is exposed, your reputation is on the line.
Peace of Mind Protection
This coverage can help absorb some of the costs associated with a breach including notification, public relations, legal and liability expenses.
Respond With Confidence
It will provide access to professional assistance when a breach crisis occurs — helping you comply with applicable laws and regulations to avoid civil litigation and other penalties.
You will have access to a breach preparedness website for easy-to-understand prevention and response guidelines you and your staff can use every day — not just when you have a claim.
10 Tips to Safeguard Laptop Data
1. When traveling, never transport your laptop in checked luggage. Carry it on with you, and keep an eye on it at airport security.
2. Apply distinctive paint markings to make your laptop unique and easily identifiable.
3. If you step out of a meeting or conference room, take your laptop with you – or it may not be there when you return.
4. Carry your laptop in a non-descript carrying case, briefcase or bag. A case designed for computers is a clear signal to thieves that you are carrying a laptop.
5. Back up your information regularly and keep the information stored in a safe place.
6. Don’t let unaccompanied strangers wander around your workplace. Offer assistance and escort visitors to their destinations.
7. Parking garages are common theft locations. Cover your laptop to hide it from view or place it in the trunk.
8. If leaving your laptop in the office overnight, place it in a locked cabinet or secure it with a cable lock that wraps around a desk or chair leg.
9. Consider purchasing a theft alarm system specifically made for laptops.
10. Avoid automatic log-ins. They may be easier, but if your laptop is ever stolen, your information is all the more vulnerable.